Pages

Friday, 8 April 2016

Recount Time With Whanau.


Day at Mission Oaks.

The goosebumps showed up and then faded on the way to Mission Oak. The sun rebounding from of my thick shoulder blade as me, my family and my cousin Manu carefully cruised to Mission Oak for a swim, while the sun was still blazing.

My sweat started to drip.Drip by drip it fell,bouncing off my skin and back to the floor of the back of the truck. The sun scramble down onto my back burning off the skin that was looking for air. After minutes that felt like hours we were nearly there, desperate to get off the truck and run straight to the water. As the truck slowly pulled in we quickly unloaded it, bags on each side of our hands, breaking them even more. We already knew that we were going to stay at Mission Oak for the whole day so mum said that we should pack us some stuff for when the babies get out and they are cold because then if they get cold then we had to get out.

As soon as we got to the water the sun was stunningly shinning so bright that the ripples of the water were glowing. Ka boom the ripples split apart as Manu Shoot straight to the bottom of the creek.”Is it cold?” We asked him, but he didn't answer. His lips were opening and shutting every 1 second, soon as this happened we knew it was freezing, not only that he was also standing in one spot just like a cow eating from one place until it is ready to move to another. Just a touch is all it takes to know if it is cold was all that was jumping around in my mind. I quickly touched the water and damn it was freezing alright.

A few minute passed by after I had finished getting in. The sun affecting my vision of the water. Blazing down at the water heating it up just like dad heating up the food on the gas stove. Sweat started arriving again, rushing down my head and pooping on the grass where we lay. My brothers and all of my sisters were already in the water and they were already warm. I felt like the odd one out because I was the only one that wasn't in the water. My skin started to peel off and I felt like I was growing a new pair of skin. So with a big boom I finally tumbled my way through the gorse and straight for the water.

Once I got in my sisters and brothers asked me if I wanted to play tiggy just so that I got use to the water. I was in for the first round so that the water would start to heat up as I tried to capture one of my family members so that I could try and hide away from them while they were looking for the other people that was playing. I had finally got Sylvah and she was gutted that she was the one that I tug because she was knew to the swimming hole and she didn't know where to find us, so this was going to be a challenge for her.

This day was awesome the rebounding of the sun and all of the time that missed out to play with my sisters. My favourite part was getting in because I was getting burned to the max. This day is hard to forget cause we always go there after school, also because every time we go there my sisters always remind me of not getting in for ages. Ooh and Mission Oak is never warm that is why it is always cold when we go there. This day is still at the back of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment