Yesterday while we were training at school I was thinking about our game plan, thinking that it wasn't going to work out the way we wanted it to. We all scampered along the grass to get the form that had all the information about who we were playing and when. Just before we got onto the field Matt split us into groups so that when we knew who to sub with.
An hour later, travelling to Hikurangi for our semi-finals game, we were four boys and seven girls, the team who were going to make a difference today.
Our first team that we played was Keri Blue. “Beep!” The horn went and then boom we were already on the field waiting for the other team to get there. From a distance we could smell the fear dripping off the other team's hands. “Rip” we yelled every rip we got, whenever we ripped the other team Matt always told us to stay up to them, he liked to call it guard dog. The other three girls and I had the first four runs and then we had to pass the ball to Arama so that he could throw it out to Toko to set up the other two girls. Sweat started to tremble down the sides of my head with terror. It was nearly half time and we were losing by two, 5-3 to them. My fist started getting sweaty and I started losing grip of the ball. Beep the horn went again for full time.”What was the score?” We shouted to the coach, 7 all he shouted with amazement back to us.”Yeah” we were all happy and we couldn’t wait for our next game.
The horn beeped for our next game against Parua Bay. From a distance we could see Parua Bay rushing up towards us . My heart started to beat faster as they got closer and closer. Beeeeep! The horn blew, just then Rangiawhia came racing towards us, they looked like a bunch of bulls rushing to charge us. They looked like a challenging team and then once the horn overtook the rules, it was game on. What was I going to do? “Stick to the game plan” was Matt calling out from the sideline. Whaea was yelling down the sideline and all sorts of people were watching our game. I got very nervous. But I was going to give it 120%. I had to. I had to prove I can do it. My turn with the ball, there I go powering down the field, no -one in sight but me. Did I get ripped. Oh my gosh! “KEEP GOING GERRY” I heard. “RIP” I got caught….
Hi Gerry I enjoyed your post.The part I think is the best was when you explained how the coach was happy when your guys team and Keri blue had seven all for your points Check out my blog.Tssheeandra.blogspot.co.nz
ReplyDelete