Pages

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

This is my first writing draft.

Whipping and Watching.

Yah! technology day today, was all I could think about once I entered the  room. Cooking, cooking, cooking was all that was going through my mind right now. Today my classroom and I were all making sponge cakes, because it was our technology day.

“This is too easy for me” I instructed my group.  Instructions.  Damn! can’t we just make it by ourselves I thought to myself hoping to win this. The instructions were simple and easy to do, but once it came to the whipping and the cracking it wasn’t easy after all. Time was flying by. Minutes felt like hours and hours felt like days. I wanted a turn all the time but the team with the best teamwork is the one that will win the competition. The ingredient mixing was a challenge for us but as a team we all worked the pain away. I saw people from other teams just wondering around or looking at the roof not even paying attention to what their aim was, and it was to make sure that the cake went in the oven before morning tea time and that there was and even rise, not lop sided or burnt but the perfect rise and also the perfect colour.The first instruction  popped into my brain and paused once it got into my head.It was like their was a play and pause button inside of me and I was being controlled.

As the fare crept up my spine tickling me I was shaking.Making sure that the egg yolk never dropped into its wrong position.Although there was already some egg yolk in the wrong place. I felt like dropping the egg and making someone else do it.As I started switching the egg slim started to dribbeled down my fingers making them sticky and feel funny.The gooey runny slim slithered down slithering towards the tips of my fingers. The fare rose inside of me wanting to burst out and make something wrong. Just then the egg yolk come out, I felt like I was shrinking and I was growing a new pair of skin cause I didn't want to muck up.I was confused as the other teams yolk didn’t come out as much as me.Just because the fare inside of me wanted to burst out didn’t have to come out now I was thinking to myself.I started to wonder around the room hopping that someone else would muck up so that my group didn't have to be shamed.All of a sudden I heard a voice  come on do it spill the yolk,my heart was beating as the fare creeped up my spine screaming to pull its way out of its trap.As I cracked the egg and switched it from shell to shell I felt like I was a clown juggling the ball in front of a gigantic crowd.Now it was the hard part. The mixing.

“No whipping machines!” I moaned. I didn’t feel like whipping the egg with a fork, but I had to because there was no whipping devices in the room at the moment. The pain rose in my arms as I whipped the mixture until it looked fluffy and white so that when you lift up the mixture it would stand up and stay there. My heart was beating on and off just like the car getting warmed up in the cold mornings.“Is it ready yet?” my team and I asked whaea Meri like 15 times and the only reply that we got was, “you're nearly there.” Taking turns was the best thing to do because the more that we whipped the more that our hands got sore because of the speed that we were going. “Many hands make lighter work” I commanded my team mates. The pain in my arms were so sore I had broken a bone in my arm. It took us forever to make sure that the egg white was stiff and fluffy. So later on  we were finally ready for the flour and when the flour was put into the egg white we had to fold the flour and not mix it. This was going to be another challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment